One of the latest additions to our state of the art facility at Kessel Dermatology is the excel V+™ laser by Cutera. This breakthrough laser technology allows our skilled practitioners to treat conditions:
- Rosacea or Diffuse Facial Redness
- Hyperpigmentation or Brown Spots
- Sun Damage on Neck & Chest
- Spider Veins and Facial Veins
- Cherry Angiomas
- Acne and Acne Scars
- Fine Lines, Wrinkles & Dull Skin
- Hair Reduction / Hair Bumps
This laser technology works by using clinically proven wavelengths to quickly and efficiently target skin concerns with excellent precision. Our experienced practitioners at Kessel Dermatology are ready to put this powerful technology to work for you and help you love your skin.
What To Expect During the excel V+™ Procedure
This non invasive procedure requires no anesthesia and can be performed in our office. Before we begin the full treatment, we’ll test an area of your skin to evaluate the response to the laser. Depending on which treatment is being done, you may feel a slight snap or flick sensation or just a passing warmth.
What Makes the excel V+™ Treatment Different?
- The top of the line excel V+™ uses clinically proven wave lengths not offered by other devices and with double the power output of the next in class laser.
- It’s interactive, diverse settings allow for treatments with never-before-seen precision for optimal results according to your specific skin condition and skin type.
- The device emits pulses of light that work to target dark blemishes as well as any lesions, redness, or scarring on the skin. Because we can precisely adjust the intensity of the laser emission, we can accurately target even the smallest treatment areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
excel V+™ Pre-Treatment Instructions
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (e.g. waxing)
- History of cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment
Post Vascular and Pigmented Lesion Treatment Instructions
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage
- Bruising, redness, and swelling are common and resolve with time
- A “Bug bite look” is common and usually resolves in 1-2 days
- Avoid heat and hot tubs for 1-2 days
- Avoid irritants for two weeks post treatment such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide and glycolic/salicylic acids
- Leg vein treatments only: Compression stockings are optional. Avoid high impact for 3-5 days. Rarely, hemosiderin staining (brown staining) may occur after a treatment and usually resolves with time (1-2 years) but, on a rare occasion, it may be permanent.