Under-eye circles and depressions can plague individuals of any age, but they tend to become more noticeable as one gets older. It is common for the areas below the eyes, also known as the “tear troughs,” to deepen as one ages and their skin loses hyaluronic acid – a substance which occurs naturally in the body and helps provide structure to the skin. Luckily, Restylane tear trough filler can help smooth fine lines and reduce shadows/darkness under the eyes, thus reversing these common signs of aging.
What is Restylane Tear Trough Treatment?
This safe, effective dermatologic procedure involves the injection of Restylane, a gel formulation containing hyaluronic acid, beneath the eyes. The result of Restylane tear trough treatment is improved under-eye skin fullness and less prominent tear troughs. In turn, these effects lead to a more “awake” and youthful appearance.
Restylane tear trough treatment isn’t the only procedure that uses injections to turn back the clock and reduce symptoms of aging on the face. Fillers like Juvaderm may also be applied in other areas, such as:
- The marionette lines, which extend from the corners of the mouth toward the chin/jawline
- The nasolabial folds (smile lines), which run from the nose to the corners of the mouth
Patients over the age of 21 may also consider getting fillers to enhance their upper and/or lower lips. Fillers can help lend a fuller, more well-defined appearance to one or both lips.
What to Know When Considering Restylane Tear Trough Treatment
If you’re thinking of having Restylane tear trough filler or another type of anti-aging treatment, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The results of Restylane will vary for each patient, and there is no guarantee that the treatment will produce the same results for you as it did for someone else
- In general, patients who receive Restylane injections typically notice the effects begin to fade within eight months
- Repeat injections will be needed to maintain the results of Restylane over a longer period
Hopefully, you now feel well informed about the purpose of Restylane tear trough treatment and whether it may be appropriate for you at this point in your life.
To Learn More About Restylane, Set Up a Consultation with Kessel Dermatology
Are you curious to find out more about Restylane tear trough filler and if it’s right for you? Call Kessel Dermatology today at 609-890-2600 to schedule an appointment with one of our cosmetic dermatology professionals. We are dedicated to helping our patients look their best at any age, and we look forward to providing you with an array of excellent anti-aging treatment options.